Hello. It’s 2017.
I am not going to apologize.
I haven’t said anything here in over two months. My goal for 2017 is to actually be a blogger. This involves (a) blogging, consistently, with care and attention, and interacting with with readers and other bloggers, and (b) having something to blog about. Neither of these is easy for me, and I suspect the second will be more difficult than the first. But, here I am.
2016 has not been a great year for most people. Not as bad as most people think, not some unique example of terrible years, but still- not a great year, not for me, and probably not for you. So, let’s make 2017 different. We can’t affect a lot of what is going to come our way this year. But we can probably affect more than we think. I plan on doing what I can to change the world in 2017, to make it a more fun, more free, more interesting, more chill, and more loving place.
Here are some of the things I’m planning to do:
- I wrote a short film script last year. This year, with my brother, I’m directing and producing it. It’s a sort of retelling of The Judgment of Paris, a myth I’ve always had a fondness for. Also, it’s going to be a virtual reality short film, so that’s pretty cool.
- New podcast, in support of this blog, and a vlog. Tentatively entitled ‘The Lemurian Hour.’
- I’m publishing The Path of the Black Flag.
- I’m writing a novel. It may be a fantasy noir, I’m not sure yet. But I’m writing one.
- I’m doing a 2nd UDEAC art show.
That’s a pretty good list, I think. What are you guys planning to do this year?